When should I use 911 (emergency) vs. 943-1212 (business line)?

911 is for Emergencies of any nature. All other numbers are for non-emergency requests or information. Some common examples:

  • Domestic dispute - Emergency
    Many people are seriously injured or killed each year as a result of domestic disputes. If you are involved in a domestic dispute or know of one, call 911.
  • Loud music or loud neighbors
    - non-Emergency
    This is considered a service call and should be directed to 508-943-1212.
  • Ambulance Request - Emergency
    All requests for ambulance services are considered emergencies. Please call 911 for all ambulance requests.

Show All Answers

1. Why did it take so long for the police department to come when I called them?
2. Why do they ask so many questions when I call the police?
3. How do I get a copy of a police report?
4. Where do I pay my parking ticket?
5. Can I make a police report at any time of day and do I need to make an appointment?
6. Can the police open my car or home if I have locked my keys inside?
7. Does the police department do fingerprinting and when can I have my fingerprints done?
8. How do I obtain a firearms permit and when can I get one?
9. What should I do if my vehicle is stopped by a Police Officer
10. When should I use 911 (emergency) vs. 943-1212 (business line)?
11. How do I drop a tip either by an Email or anonymous phone call ?
12. How do I become a Webster Police Officer?