July 30, 1889: First town operated free public library opens to the public.
1918: Augusta Corbin bequeaths a large sum of money for the purpose of a library.
July 30, 1921: The Chester C. Corbin public library formally opens to the public.
May 11, 2009: Town vote is passed to apply for and accept federal and/or state grants for a construction project.
September 28, 2010: Massachusetts Historical Commission accepts, with compromise, the… proposed demolition of the library due to a lack of reasonable and economical alternatives.
August 5, 2014: Awarded a Provisional Construction Grant from the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners (MBLC), approximately 50% of the total project cost.
August 5, 2014: For the first time in history, through a capital bond bill supported by former State Senator Richard T. Moore, an additional 25% is added to the grant from the MBLC.
December 8, 2014: The town of Webster approves a special town meeting warrant to “appropriate for the construction of the new library.
January 26, 2015: The residents of Webster approve the ballot question during a special town election to “exempt from the provisions of proposition two and one-half, so called, the amounts required to pay for the bonds issued in order to construction, renovate, and expand the Chester C. Corbin Public Library.”
Above the Saddler's Shop, the first public library in Webster opened in 1889.