Economic Development Committee
The Webster Economic Development Committee (EDC) works proactively to promote, encourage and facilitate the development of responsible and properly planned commercial and industrial growth within the community in order to expand and strengthen the local economy and diversify the community's tax base and to give the Town's residents more opportunities to live, work and thrive in an economically focused and financially stable community.
|Marc Becker||Vice Chairman||2024|
|Nancy Healy / Deb Horan||Member, Webster Dudley Business Alliance||2024|
|John Milas / Dennis Luukko||Member, Webster Dudley Oxford Chamber of Commerce||2023|
|Tom Klebart||Board of Selectmen Representative||2025|
|Ann Morgan||Ex Officio - Director of Planning & Economic Development||n/a|
|Carol Cyr||Ex Officio - Director of Community Development /
Webster Redevelopment Authority
|VACANCIES||Full Member - 2 Vacancies||TBD|
Members are appointed by the Board of Selectmen and serve a 3 year term.
- To proactively promote and encourage the development, redevelopment, expansion and retention of Webster's commercial and industrial tax base.
- To support and encourage new businesses seeking to locate in Webster and existing businesses seeking to remain or expand in Webster
- To establish and maintain strong communication with business owners and owners of commercial and industrial properties in an effort to support to these individuals in the achievement of their long range business plans.
- To continuously review town bylaws, regulations and zoning for consistency with the Town's economic development goals, and to make any applicable recommendations to improve permitting, licensing and regulatory functions to the appropriate board or commission.
- To promote streamlining of the Town's regulatory processes as related to commercial/industrial development.
- To work with staff to obtain federal and state grant funds to further the economic development strategy.
- To advocate for state and federal legislation and regulations that advance economic development in Webster; and
- To develop and implement an aggressive marketing campaign designed to promote the Town of Webster as a business friendly community.