April 26, 2021
Pursuant to Governor Baker's March 12, 2020 Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law, G.L. c. 30A, §18, and the Governor's March 15, 2020 Order imposing strict limitation on the number of people that may gather in one place, this meeting of the Webster Zoning Board of Appeals will be conducted via remote participation to the greatest extent possible. Please see the agenda for the link and log in information.
1. 6:30 p.m. - Call to Order
2. Action Item 2A: Approval of Meeting Minutes - March 29, 2021
2. Action Item 2B: Vote to sign or authorize the Director of Planning & Economic Development to sign the final approved site plan for 13-15 Old Worcester Road, Reid Smith Realty, LLC (Applicant / Owner).
3. Public Meeting: Site Plan Approval and Stormwater Permit Applications - 5-7 Goya Drive & 9 Goya Drive; R.P. Masiello, Inc. (Applicant), Goya Foods, Inc. (Owner); Assessor ID 96-A-2-1 and 96-A-2-2; Expansion of existing wholesale warehouse facility including new addition and parking. Site is located within the Industrial (I) and Lake Watershed Protection (LWP) zoning districts. Continued from 3/29/21.
3. Public Meeting: Site Plan Approval and Stormwater Permit Applications - 61,67, 69 Cudworth Road - 590 vehicle storage parking lot to serve the Central Massachusetts Auto Auction facility in Oxford; Assessor ID 97-B-2-0, 97-B-2-1, 97-B-3-0); NU Auto Auction Realty, LLC, 12 Industrial Park Road, East Oxford, MA 01540 (Applicant / Owner). Said site is located in Business without Sewer (B5) zoning district.
- Amendment to Article 4 - District Regulations to remove “within sewer” §650-17 and to remove “(without sewer)” from §650-18.
- Amendment to Article 4, §650-12 - Establishment of Districts to remove “(within sewer district)” from A.4 and to remove “(outside sewer district)” from A.5.
- Amendment to §650-17 - District 4, Business District by deleting “(within sewer)” from §650-17, §650-17.E.(3), and §650-17.E.(5).
- Amendment to §650-18 - District 5, Business District by deleting “(without sewer)”.
- Amend the “Zoning Map of the Town of Webster, Worcester County, Massachusetts, Updated December 10, 2018” by deleting the following “(Within Sewer)” and “(without sewer)” under the Section entitled Legend.
- Amendment to §650-18 - District 5, Business District by adding a new subsection to allow self-service storage, associated retail operations, and equipment rental accessory to the use by special permit and site plan approval.
- Amendment to Chapter 650, Attachment 1, Table of Use Regulations, which would allow self-service storage, associated retail operations, and equipment rental accessory to the use by special permit and site plan approval in a Business 5 (B5) zoning district.
- Amendment to §650--25 District 11, Redevelopment Overlay District by deleting “(Business Within Sewer District)” in Section C.(1).
- Amendment to §650-28 by replacing the first paragraph with the following language:
If any pre-existing non-conforming structure or use is discontinued or abandoned for a period of more than two years, the protection for pre-existing non-conforming uses and structures shall cease and it shall conform to the district in which it is located. A pre-existing non-conforming use may be changed to another non-conforming use with the benefit of a special permit from the Zoning Board of Appeals, provided that such other non-conforming use is not substantially different in its purpose and manner of application and no more harmful or objectionable. No pre-existing non-conforming use, if once changed to a use permitted in the district in which it is located, shall be changed back to a non-conforming structure or use. Subject to protections for single and two-family homes, pre-existing non-conforming uses or structures may only be changed, extended or altered upon approval of a special permit by the Zoning Board of Appeals.